- Venue: Lisboa Congress Centre
- Location: Lisboa View Map
- Start Date: August 21, 2019
- End Date: August 24, 2019
- Abstract Submission Deadline: February 22, 2019
- Click Here to Visit Website...
- Check flight information
Psychiatry and mental health narratives have changed extensively over the last centuries. Today, treatment and recovery of mental disorders go hand in hand with promotion and prevention and there is an increased interest in rehabilitation and psycho-social interventions. Yet this was not always the case – these fields of research and intervention have had intricate connections either running in parallel or in confluence but also sometimes in conflict.
Bound in the history of Psychiatry is a search for an identity which has been complex and ultimately was reached by a compromise between empirical and non-empirical vectors coming from neurobiological, psychological and social inputs. Today these have informed public health policies which all aim at the same goal – reaching the highest possible mental wellbeing.
Please join us in Lisbon, Portugal, 21-24 August 2019 to examine and discuss all these crucial issues in psychiatry and mental health, listening to numerous keynote lectures that convoy our present scientific and technological revolution. Certainly, you will profit from up-to-date research data, the best lectures from experts in all fields, a high quality scientific content, interaction between professionals, users and carers, and relevant peer-to-peer networking. Furthermore, whether your contribution is in the field of psychopathology, biologic psychiatry, pharmacotherapy, psychiatric training, psychotherapy, social psychiatry, rehabilitation, prevention or services organization it will surely be vital to further our knowledge.
Lisbon is considered among the most beautiful cities in Europe surprising all newcomers and affectionately saluting frequent visitors. You have the chance to enjoy Portugal which has been consistently, over the last years, an award-winning travel destination for its amazing historical patrimony, it’s culture, natural wonders and the warm-welcoming Portuguese people.
In our Congress you will find a kind-hearted reception, informed scientific discussions, great networking prospects and enjoyable cultural and gastronomical events.
We look forward to seeing you in Lisbon in the summer of 2019.
Helen Herrman, Australia
Maria Luísa Figueria, Portugal
Supervisory Board Member
Pedro Varandas, Portugal
Organizing Committee Chair
The WPA is an association of national psychiatric societies aimed to increase knowledge and skills necessary for work in the field of mental health and the care for the mentally ill. Its member societies are presently 140, spanning 120 different countries and representing more than 200,000 psychiatrists.
If you would like to register for this conference, or obtain further information or a letter of invitation to this conference, please follow the links above. TheConferenceWebsite service does not accept bookings for conferences, travel arrangements, housing or accommodation. Please follow the links above for the relevant conference information.Join TheConferenceWebsite here for more Conferences in your Medical Specialty
Other conferences you may be interested in...
- The Maudsley Prescribing Guidelines International Conference 2018
- Hokkaido International Mental Health Innovation Workshop 2019
- Mayo Clinic Psychiatry in Medical Settings 2019
- Indian Psychiatric Society 71st Annual National Conference 2019
- American College Of Psychiatrists Annual Meeting 2019
- Asian Federation of Psychiatric Associations International Congress 2019
- 7th World Congress of Asian Psychiatry 2019
- Mayo Clinic Psychiatry Clinical Updates 2019
- 7th International Child and Adult Behavioral Health Conference 2019
- 8th World Congress on Women's Mental Health 2019
- American Psychosomatic Society 77th Annual Scientific Meeting 2019
- Drugs for Medical Conditions: The Annual Practical Update for the Psychiatrist 2019
- British Neuropsychiatry Association 32nd Annual General Meeting 2019
- American Neuropsychiatric Association 30th Annual Meeting 2019
- 14th London International Eating Disorders Conference 2019