5th International Conference on Acute Myeloid Leukemia "Molecular and Translational": Advances in Biology and Treatment 2019
- Venue: Estoril Congress Center
- Location: Estoril View Map
- Start Date: October 24, 2019
- End Date: October 26, 2019
- Abstract Submission Deadline: July 12, 2019
- Click Here to Visit Website...
- Ph-students, post docs, junior and senior biologists and practicing clinicians (MD, PhD, MD-PhD), hematologists and oncologists in training
- Residents and biologists still in-training
- Check flight information
The successful biannual ESH Conferences on acute myeloid leukemia (AML) have established themselves as scientific and educational programs at the interphase of molecular and biologic developments and clinical translation. Novel technological, molecular and immunologic approaches are rapidly creating novel insights into the biology and therapeutic perspectives of AML. The cutting-edge program of the conference will deal with the molecular and functional features of leukemic stem cells and their interaction with the microenvironment, the role of somatic and germ-line mutations and epigenetic alterations in the biology of AML, the genomics of leukemogenesis, advances in molecular diagnostics and developmental therapeutics with a focus on molecular and immunotherapeutic targeted therapeutics. Special attention will be given to the utility and promise of novel therapeutic agents.
1. Understand the pathobiology of leukemia and its development with respect to alterations in hematopoietic stem cells, their microenvironment and altered signal transduction pathways.
2. Acquire insight into the possible mechanisms of inherited and preleukemic disorders and genomic instability that predispose to leukemogenesis and predispose also to disease progression.
3. Understand the characterization of a leukemia stem cell and its relationship to disease development and phenotype.
4. Learn about the pathobiologic importance of epigenetic dysregulation in the development of acute myeloid leukemia and its clinical impact.
5. Evaluate the merits and relevance of molecular diagnostics and minimal residual disease assessment in relation to various management decisions.
6. Gain insight into novel therapeutics of acute myeloid leukemia, including knowledge about their mechanisms of action, drug resistance mechanisms, the current developmental status of various targeted drugs and novel antibody-based and cell-transfer based immunotherapeutic approaches and their promises for future clinical application.
Why the meeting will be valuable for participants?
Cell biological, genomic and epigenetic studies have revealed entirely novel insights into the biology of AML, expanded the genomic landscape in unprecedented depth and discovered functional clues of dysregulation. These insights have furnished keys to the development of novel specifically acting therapeutic drugs and provide the opportunity to develop more effective risk adjusted therapeutic approaches. The emphasis of the Conference is on informal interaction among the participants and it intends to enable ample discussion. Scientific presentations by international leaders will provide the current status and a perspective of the exciting developments in the field. In separate sessions results from both basic and clinical research will be explored.
This meeting will be of interest to:
If you would like to register for this conference, or obtain further information or a letter of invitation to this conference, please follow the links above. TheConferenceWebsite service does not accept bookings for conferences, travel arrangements, housing or accommodation. Please follow the links above for the relevant conference information.Join TheConferenceWebsite here for more Conferences in your Medical Specialty
Other conferences you may be interested in...
- Clinical and Laboratory Haemostasis 2019
- European Hematology Association 24th Congress 2019
- Edinburgh Haematopathology Tutorial 2019
- 15th International Conference on Malignant Lymphoma 2019
- 26th International Congress on Thrombosis 2019
- International Society Of Blood Transfusion Congress 29th Regional Congress 2019
- New Insights into the Understanding of Thrombosis & Hemorrhage in Myeloproliferative Neoplasms: Improving Patient Outcomes 2019
- International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis 27th Congress 2019
- Lymphoma Management Course 2019
- 29th Annual Mayo Clinic Hematology/Oncology Reviews 2019
- International Society for Experimental Hematology Annual Scientific Meeting 2019
- Asia Pacific Blood and Marrow Transplantation Group 24th Annual Congress 2019
- ASH® Meeting on Hematologic Malignancies 2019
- ASH Meeting on Hematologic Malignancies 2019
- Society of Hematologic Oncology 7th Annual Meeting 2019