- Venue: Clinical Anatomy Skills Centre
- Location: Glasgow View Map
- Start Date: December 12, 2019
- End Date: December 13, 2019
- Click Here to Visit Website...
- Laparoscopic appendicectomy
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy and cholangiogram
- Laparoscopic hernia
- Laparoscopic perforated duodenal ulcer
- Introduction for staplers
- Open gastrojejunostomy
- Open right hemicolectomy with hand-sewn anastomosis
- Subtotal colectomy and Hartmann’s procedure
- Check flight information
This 2 day cadaver course provides intense hands-on practical training in upper and lower gastrointestinal surgery for surgical trainees.
The course leads each trainee into the background principles of each operation using short lectures on operative technique, that are then reinforced by hands on cadaveric experience in small groups.
The faculty includes colorectal and upper gastrointestinal surgeons, allowing the trainee easy interaction to maximise their learning opportunities. In addition, a clinical anatomist may be on hand to explain the anatomical principles behind each operation.
The course is aimed at ST3-6 level and delegates should have completed a BaSiCS course, or have a letter of support from their programme director that they are at an appropriate state in their training for this course. There is also opportunity for a small number of ST1 and ST2 level delegates to view the course.
Providing hands on experience using fresh frozen cadaveric material, this 2 day course will include:
Ms Susan Moug
Consultant Colorectal Surgeon, Royal Alexandra Hospital
If you would like to register for this conference, or obtain further information or a letter of invitation to this conference, please follow the links above. TheConferenceWebsite service does not accept bookings for conferences, travel arrangements, housing or accommodation. Please follow the links above for the relevant conference information.Join TheConferenceWebsite here for more Conferences in your Medical Specialty
Other conferences you may be interested in...
- Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons Minimally Invasive Surgery Week / Annual Meeting and SLS Annual Meeting 2019
- Canadian Surgery Forum 2019
- 41st Annual European Hernia Society Congress 2019
- Complex Abdominal Wall Hernia Course 2019
- American Association for the Surgery of Trauma 78th Annual Meeting and Clinical Congress of Acute Care Surgery 2019
- German Society for Computer and Robot Assisted Surgery 2019
- 107th Annual Meeting of the Association of Middle Rhine Surgeons 2019
- Asia-Pacific Hernia Society 15th International Congress 2019
- 31st World Congress Of The International Association Of Surgeons, Gastroenterologists And Oncologists 2019
- 23rd European Society of Surgery 2019
- Northern Laparoscopic & Robotic GI Video Symposium 2019
- European Society of Surgical Oncology 39th Congress 2019
- Indian Association Of Surgical Gastroenterology 29th Annual Conference 2019
- General Surgeons Australia 10th Annual Scientific Meeting in conjunction with the CSSANZ Spring Colorectal Meeting 2019
- 3rd Swiss Hernia Days 2019