- Venue: Auditori Axa
- Location: Barcelona View Map
- Start Date: April 25, 2019
- End Date: April 27, 2019
- Abstract Submission Deadline: February 25, 2019
- CME Accredited: Yes
- Places Available: 600
- Click Here to Visit Website...
- Dr. JULIO VALLEJO-RUILOBA, co-chair
- Dr. LUÍS SÁNCHEZ-PLANELL, co-chair
- Dr. GERMÁN BERRIOS, Cambridge University
- Dr. NARCÍS CARDONER, Corporació Sanitària Parc Taulí
- Dr. CRISANTO DÍEZ-QUEVEDO, Hospital Germans Trias i Pujol
- Check flight information
One more year it is a pleasure for us to introduce the International Symposium on Current Issues and Controversies in Psychiatry. This year will be focused in the complexities in psychiatry and will be held again at the Auditori Axa of Barcelona the 19th, 20th and 21st of April, 2018.
In this very special 25th edition, we have redoubled our efforts and we bring more speakers than ever before to Controversias. Some of the best international professionals from four different continents have confirmed their attendance. All 16 speakers have an overwhelming scientific production of more than 7000 scientific articles with tens of thousands of citations. We therefore offer you more teaching hours than ever before, with the same excellent quality of each year, if not better.
Knowledge in psychiatry has undergone an important advance in the last decades, with relevant contributions coming from both clinical and basic sciences. Patients are probably receiving increasingly efficient treatments, but new knowledge has only demonstrated the immense complexity of mental health and illness. Complexity that is expressed in both etiology and clinical presentation, and shows that the existing classification systems are obsolete, with new models equally open to criticism. We urgently need new paradigms to explain it.
As the previous editions the symposium will be webcasted live on Internet by HD video streaming with the opportunity to ask questions to the speakers during the discussion turns. Moreover, it will be recorded to be revisited and we will increase the interaction with all of you through social networks. Furthermore this year we continue to let the possibility to present poster abstracts to any of you wishing to add value to our event.
It will be a pleasure to rely on you and your contribution in this and next editions.
NH Collection Barcelona Constanza
View map of hotel location.
If you would like to register for this conference, or obtain further information or a letter of invitation to this conference, please follow the links above. TheConferenceWebsite service does not accept bookings for conferences, travel arrangements, housing or accommodation. Please follow the links above for the relevant conference information.Join TheConferenceWebsite here for more Conferences in your Medical Specialty
Other conferences you may be interested in...
- 7th International Child and Adult Behavioral Health Conference 2019
- 8th World Congress on Women's Mental Health 2019
- American Psychosomatic Society 77th Annual Scientific Meeting 2019
- Drugs for Medical Conditions: The Annual Practical Update for the Psychiatrist 2019
- British Neuropsychiatry Association 32nd Annual General Meeting 2019
- American Neuropsychiatric Association 30th Annual Meeting 2019
- 14th London International Eating Disorders Conference 2019
- International Society for Bipolar Disorders 21st Annual Conference 2019
- Current Psychiatry / American Academy of Clinical Psychiatrists Psychiatry Update 2019
- xxURLxxWorld Psychiatric Association Thematic Conference on Challenges for Psychiatry and Mental Health 2019
- 13th Argentine Congress of Mental Health 2019
- Anxiety And Depression Association Of America Annual Conference 2019
- 27th European Congress of Psychiatry 2019
- Schizophrenia International Research Society Conference 2018
- 23rd Turkey Psychiatric Association Annual Meeting and Clinical Education Symposium 2019