- Venue: The Westin Sarasota
- Location: Sarasota View Map
- Start Date: February 11, 2019
- End Date: February 15, 2019
- CME Accredited: Yes
- Places Available: 75
- Click Here to Visit Website...
- Check flight information
Following this course, the participant should be able to appraise the epidemiology and presenting complaints of the commonly seen disorders within the specialities of Endocrinology and Rheumatology; apply a practical approach to the use of laboratory studies and physical exam for developing a differential or diagnosis; determine the various treatment options available and choose appropriate specialty referral or follow-up. This activity is expected to result in improved competence in making an appropriate diagnosis and providing effective treatment and referral or follow-up care with the overall goal of improving patient outcomes. When indicated in the specific objectives, emphasis will be on aligning physician behavior with current guidelines and evidence-based medicine with a focus on diagnosis, treatment and when to refer. Since the specialties of Endocrinology and Rheumatology impact patient populations of all demographics, there is a need for providers to be up-to-date on common Endocrine and Rheumatologic diseases; therefore, this course was designed as an update for all practitioners at the level of a practicing physician.
DAY 1 Clinical Approach to the Patient with Rheumatic Diseases/ Laboratory and Radiological Tests in Rheumatology/Systemic Lupus Erythematosus/Scleroderma and Raynaud’s Disease.
DAY 2 Adrenal Insufficiency- Primary and Secondary/Cushing’s Syndrome and other Functional Disorders of the Adrenal/ Rheumatoid Arthritis: Clinical Manifestations and Treatment/Analgesic Conundrums: Pain Treatment in Rheumatic Diseases.
DAY 3 Osteoporosis: Evaluation and Treatment/Crystal Arthropathies/ Thyroid Case Studies/Disorders of Calcium Metabolism.
DAY 4 Spondyloarthropathies/Rheumatologic Procedures/Male Hypogonadism/Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. DAY 5 Septic Arthritis/Lyme Disease and Other Topics in Rheumatology/ Vasculitis/Case Studies.
If you would like to register for this conference, or obtain further information or a letter of invitation to this conference, please follow the links above. TheConferenceWebsite service does not accept bookings for conferences, travel arrangements, housing or accommodation. Please follow the links above for the relevant conference information.Join TheConferenceWebsite here for more Conferences in your Medical Specialty
Other conferences you may be interested in...
- Internal Medicine Update 2019
- Internal Medicine Update 2019
- 19th Annual Conference - Medical Negligence, Risk Management, Medicine, Surgery, Emergency Medicine, Radiology, and Family Medicine 2019
- Advances in Internal Medicine 2019
- Mayo Clinic 4th Annual Update on Infectious Diseases for Primary Care 2019
- Mayo Clinic Psychiatry in Medical Settings 2019
- Austrian Society for Internal and General Intensive Care Medicine and Emergency Medicine 8th International Winter Symposium Of Intensive Care Medicine 2019
- Mayo Clinic 31st Annual Selected Topics in Internal Medicine 2019
- Mayo Clinic Arrhythmias and the Heart: A Cardiovascular Update 2019
- Updates in General Internal Medicine for Specialists 2019
- Association Of Physicians Of India 74th Annual Conference 2019
- Mayo Clinic Endocrine Update 2019
- 1st University of Florida International Nephrocardiology Conference 2019
- 37th Annual Emergencies in Medicine Conference 2019
- Mayo Clinic Electromyography (EMG), Electroencephalography (EEG), and Neurophysiology in Clinical Practice 2019