- Venue: Matrix Building
- Location: Singapore View Map
- Start Date: July 21, 2019
- End Date: July 24, 2019
- Abstract Submission Deadline: April 29, 2019
- Click Here to Visit Website...
- Identify the basic mechanisms of insulin signaling pathways that drive insulin resistance/energy balance and body composition;
- Describe the current state of magnetic resonance imaging and spectroscopy methods for assessing obesity and metabolic disorders, including applications in body adiposity, organ fat, and muscle fat;
- List recent advances in MRI and MRS technology, including water-fat MRI and X-nuclei methods, for studying obesity and metabolic disorders;
- Describe the imaging applications and of obesity and metabolic disorders in fetal, pediatric, and adult populations;
- Summarize the current multi-parametric imaging of white and brown adipose tissue;
- Recognize the multitude of applications associated with quantitative MRI in obesity and metabolic disorder research;
- Select the most appropriate techniques and design the most suitable protocols based on desired study outcomes and endpoints;
- Articulate and summarize the global health concern regarding obesity and metabolic disorders, and identify how magnetic resonance imaging and spectroscopy can be used to address unsolved problems and unmet needs; and
- Identify the role that radiomics, metabolomics, genomics, and big-data have in obesity and metabolic disorder studies worldwide.
- Check flight information
The prevalence of obesity and related metabolic disorders continue to rise worldwide. In both children and adults, magnetic resonance imaging and spectroscopy have become widely used to quantify not only fat accumulation in adipose tissue depots, organs, and muscles, but also the molecular substrates, products, and dynamic rates of metabolism and biochemical pathways. As a follow-up to the 2012 ISMRM workshop held in Long Beach, California, on water-fat MRI, the purpose of this proposed workshop is to bring together and reunite internationally recognized scientists and clinicians who are currently developing and applying advanced MRI and MRS techniques to investigate the causes and consequences of obesity and metabolic dysfunctions.
The meeting will include invited and proffered oral presentations as well as short power-pitch poster sessions. The workshop's schedule will integrate presentations with ample discussion periods covering advances in water-fat Dixon MRI; new applications of relaxometry, diffusion, and elastography; multinuclear applications; pre-clinical animal studies of white, brown, and beige adipose tissue; the epidemiology of insulin resistance, diabetes and obesity; influences of obesity and metabolic disorders in the young; recent findings in liver, heart, pancreas, kidney, muscle, and bone marrow fat; newfound knowledge revealed from large-cohort and population studies; and the implications of genomics and metabolomics in obesity. An open discussion forum on the future directions and research opportunities will also be held, and an update to the Matlab-based water-fat toolbox from 2012 will be provided.
The program will be designed for both senior investigators and junior scientists. The organizing committee will also emphasize attendance by student members of ISMRM and engage the Asian research community.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
If you would like to register for this conference, or obtain further information or a letter of invitation to this conference, please follow the links above. TheConferenceWebsite service does not accept bookings for conferences, travel arrangements, housing or accommodation. Please follow the links above for the relevant conference information.Join TheConferenceWebsite here for more Conferences in your Medical Specialty
Other conferences you may be interested in...
- 4th Manchester Neck Ultrasound Course 2019
- Winter Imaging Update in Jackson Hole 2019
- European Congress of Radiology 25th Annual Congress 2019
- Pan Arab Interventional Radiology Society Annual Scientific Meeting 2019
- Philippine College of Radiology 71st Annual Convention and 1st GLOBAL RADIOLOGY EDUCATION in the Philippines 2019
- Radiology for the Non-Radiologist 2019
- The Houston Aortic Symposium: Frontiers in Cardiovascular Diseases, the Twelfth in the Series 2019
- 21st Annual Conference of the Indian Society of Vascular and Interventional Radiology 2019
- Abdominal Radiology Group Australia & New Zealand 2019
- Society of Skeletal Radiology 42nd Annual Meeting 2019
- Acute Stroke Interventions And Carotid Stenting 2019
- ISMRM Workshop on MR Value 2019
- LINC Asia-Pacific 2019
- 10th Global Basic to Intermediate Hands-on Musculoskeletal MRI & Ultrasound Congress for Radiologists 2019
- Fundamentals of Neuroradiology 2019