- Venue: The Ritz-Carlton Rancho Mirage
- Location: Rancho Mirage View Map
- Start Date: November 7, 2019
- End Date: November 9, 2019
- Click Here to Visit Website...
- Learn the most up-to-date information regarding the appropriate indication for opioids in clinical practice.
- Discuss the basics of opioids, evidence-based guidelines for opioids, medication monitoring, tapering and legal considerations.
- Address opioid addiction, difficult patient conversations and guidelines to standardize the practice of opioid prescribing.
This topic is important and has become a more visible public health issue. All fields within medicine that provide direct patient care are impacted, including both the inpatient medical, surgical and outpatient settings. All providers who prescribe (MD, DO, NPs, PAs, CNS) or administer (nurses, pharmacists, etc.) opioids to patients would benefit from attending this course. This course is particularly relevant for primary care providers that maintain and monitor patients on chronic opioid therapy.
- Identify opioid practice updates and determine how to implement them in your practice
- Formulate a plan to appropriately monitor and/or taper patients chronically using opioids
- Describe the options to manage patients perioperatively on chronic opioid agonist/antagonist therapy
- Develop appropriate treatment plans for patients suffering from concomitant pain and depression and/or anxiety
- Principles of acute pain management in individuals on Buprenorphine and Methadone
- Check flight information
The Mayo Clinic Opioid Conference: Evidence, Clinical Considerations & Best Practice 2019 aims to highlight the shift in guidelines and public concern regarding the use of opioids in medical practice and provides the most up-to-date information regarding the appropriate indication for opioids in clinical practice. Topics cover the basics of opioids, evidence-based guidelines for opioids, medication monitoring, tapering and legal considerations. In addition, the course covers a broad range of issues, including opioid addiction and difficult patient conversations and guidelines to standardize the practice of opioid prescribing.
If you would like to register for this conference, or obtain further information or a letter of invitation to this conference, please follow the links above. TheConferenceWebsite service does not accept bookings for conferences, travel arrangements, housing or accommodation. Please follow the links above for the relevant conference information.Join TheConferenceWebsite here for more Conferences in your Medical Specialty